Weight gain is one of the most common symptoms of menopause. In fact around 90% of women aged 35-55 going through the menopause find that their weight increases and that they see this appear around their stomach. But don`t give in; it doesn`t have to be inevitable! Find out how you can prevent middle aged spread.
It`s not fair is it? You are eating exactly the same as you have always been but now you seem to put on weight much easier than when you were in your twenties.
There are a few reasons why menopause causes weight gain:
- Your hormone levels change
- You may have become less active
- Your muscle mass may have reduced and your metabolism slowed making it harder for you t burn calories
What can you do to prevent menopause weight gain?
- Stagger your calorie intake - confuse your body by having high calorie days and low calorie days. This helps increase metabolism.
- Don`t stop eating dairy - calcium helps you burn body fat faster as well as protecting your bones. Choose low fat options instead.
- Do strength exercises - these will help prevent a reduction in muscle mass which is important for calorie burn.
- Combine cardio and strength in your workout - add quick bursts of high intensity cardio exercise to keep your body working hard and your metabolism high
Weight loss supplements such as Phen375 can be particularly useful in menopause, if you have menopause weight that you would like to lose. As mentioned above your metabolism can slow down which results in you burning less calories. A fat burner can help counteract this, increasing the amount of calories you burn both whilst exercising and at rest. The appetite suppressant element can also help reduce cravings and help you feel less hungry resulting in a lower calorie intake.